We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alley Connection Restaurant

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Your filters are still active.
There are no pins in your viewport. Try moving the map or changing your filters.
Get directions
22 1st St W, Kalispell, MT 59901-4438
406-752-7077
Improve this listing
Add hours for Alley Connection Restaurant and help diners know when to go.
+ Add hours
Dining options: Delivery

TripAdvisor Reviewer Highlights

Read all 57 reviews
Visitor rating
  • 23
    Excellent
  • 21
    Very good
  • 6
    Average
  • 2
    Poor
  • 5
    Terrible
Rating summary
  • Food
    4 of 5 stars
    Service
    4 of 5 stars
  • Value
    4 of 5 stars
    Atmosphere
    4 of 5 stars
Great Service & Great Food

Staff is the friendliest and offer the best service around. The menu is 90% Chinese food with burgers and fries as the other 10%. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the atmosphere of this restaurant. In particular, I loved the rum cake.... SO DELICIOUS. Will definitely visit again when I'm in... read more

4 of 5 starsReviewed February 18, 2015
JenifaoJenny
,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Add Photo Write a Review

57 Reviews from our TripAdvisor Community

Date | Rating
  • English first
  • Any
English first
High Prairie, Canada
Contributor
15 reviews 15 reviews
11 restaurant reviews
8 helpful votes 8 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Prepared with FRESH ingredients, large portions and an excellent variety! Staff is friendly and efficient and best of all is the reasonable pricing! I look forward to my yearly trip to Kalispell and the Alley Connection.

Was this review helpful? Yes
Kalispell, Montana
Contributor
14 reviews 14 reviews
12 restaurant reviews
10 helpful votes 10 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

Long time family owned and operated Asian Restaurant. Good variety of dishes, large portions, very fast service. not much for libations, but tea is good too. Lunch and Dinner service, very reasonable pricing, great for "to go".

Was this review helpful? Yes
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Senior Reviewer
10 reviews 10 reviews
7 restaurant reviews
4 helpful votes 4 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Staff is the friendliest and offer the best service around. The menu is 90% Chinese food with burgers and fries as the other 10%. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the atmosphere of this restaurant. In particular, I loved the rum cake.... SO DELICIOUS. Will definitely visit again when I'm in town.

Was this review helpful? Yes
Kalispell, Montana
Senior Contributor
27 reviews 27 reviews
21 restaurant reviews
15 helpful votes 15 helpful votes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

Before we moved to Kalispell we stayed in a local hotel (Kalispell Grand) and decided to stop in to have dinner one night since it is right next door and we were craving Chinese Food. OMG! Bland, flavorless and just plain horrible! I honestly don't know what else to say.....I guess being Kalispell we should have known better than to... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes 1
Whitefish
Contributor
15 reviews 15 reviews
11 restaurant reviews
14 helpful votes 14 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have loved the Alley Connection for years, 30+ years. The family owned Vietnamese restaurant has survived many changes over the years but remains as consistently great as ever. They are THE place to stop for a quick lunch - service is fast, friendly and the food is just yummy. It's a small, quaint little place. Try the egg rolls,... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes 1
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewer
4 reviews 4 reviews
1 helpful vote 1 helpful vote
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This restaurant was one of my picks to try because of its reviews here on TA. We didn't even realize that it was next door to our hotel, The Kalispell Grand. The front desk also highly recommended it. We decided to give it a try and were very pleased (despite the slightly boring atmosphere). It was very reasonably priced, the... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes 1
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Top Contributor
85 reviews 85 reviews
42 restaurant reviews
25 helpful votes 25 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Alley Connection is located in historic downtown Kalispell on the street level of a hotel. It is easy to miss when driving by but there is onstreet and nearby parking lot. Menu is chinese as well as other american choices. We shared the Pineapple Chicken, and it was a good choice. The wait staff was friendly and gave us insight... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes
2 reviews
1 helpful vote 1 helpful vote
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Not sure why this restaurant is consistently listed as delivering, as we were told in no uncertain terms that they don't and won't.

Was this review helpful? Yes 1
Trinidad
Top Contributor
355 reviews 355 reviews
170 restaurant reviews
278 helpful votes 278 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Alley Connection Restaurant can be accessed directly from the Kalispell Grand Hotel lobby if you’re staying there, as well as via its own entrance on 1st Street West. We walked past the restaurant several times during our stay and it was always packed. For us, this was a positive sign of good food! So we indulged in a late-ish lunch... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes
Kalispell Mt
Senior Contributor
44 reviews 44 reviews
37 restaurant reviews
7 helpful votes 7 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

It's hard to find good Chinese food in Montana but there are dishes I love to order here. The won ton soup is wonderful full of flavor and yummy won tons and veggies.. Love the Kong Pu Shrimp..They will make your orders as mild or hot as you like it. I had only one dish there that was not my... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes

Travelers who viewed Alley Connection Restaurant also viewed

 
Kalispell, MT
 

Been to Alley Connection Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Register now for free — and start getting automatic notification of new reviews, responding to traveler feedback, adding new photos to your listing and much more.

Manage your listing
Improve this listing

Restaurant Details

Location and Contact Information

  • Address: 22 1st St W, Kalispell, MT 59901-4438
  • Location: United States  >  Montana (MT)  >  Kalispell
  • Phone Number: 406-752-7077

Price and Cuisine

  • Cuisine: Chinese

Questions & Answers

Questions? Get answers from Alley Connection Restaurant staff and past visitors.
Posting guidelines
Typical questions asked:
  • Do you have gluten-free options?
  • Is there a dress code?
  • Do you allow dogs on the outdoor patio?