We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arborvine

Certificate of Excellence
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Get directions
33 Tenney Hill, Upper Main Street, Blue Hill, ME 04614
207.374.2119
Website
Improve this listing
Today
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Open now
See all hours
Hours:
Tue - Sun 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations

TripAdvisor Reviewer Highlights

Read all 105 reviews
Visitor rating
  • 78
    Excellent
  • 19
    Very good
  • 5
    Average
  • 1
    Poor
  • 2
    Terrible
Rating summary
  • Food
    4.5 of 5 stars
    Service
    4.5 of 5 stars
  • Value
    4.5 of 5 stars
    Atmosphere
    4.5 of 5 stars
Classy Service - Excellent Food - Blue Hill which is actually in the middle of nowhere

Blue Hill ME is a classic Maine Town that fills with out of the area residents for the summer. It is classic old school Maine with out of state people with money to spend. Probably 75 % of the summer residence folks own their own home. The other 25 % are rental folks that are there to visit of... read more

5 of 5 starsReviewed August 31, 2015
Herm B
,
Wilmington, Delaware
Good for:
  • Romantic
  • Doing business
  • Special occasions
Add Photo Write a Review

105 Reviews from our TripAdvisor Community

Your overall rating of this restaurant
Roll over, then click to rate
  Click to rate
Date | Rating
  • English first
  • Any
English first
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
7 reviews
4 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2015 NEW

We come to Blue Hill since many years and always enjoyed a nice dinner at Arborvine, however, this time we could not have been more disappointed; a couple of examples: tuna fish was on the menu and our guests asked, whether the fish could be cooked medium rare, the waiter answered 'no'. After we were in total disbelieve, he went... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
187 reviews
127 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2015 NEW

Blue Hill ME is a classic Maine Town that fills with out of the area residents for the summer. It is classic old school Maine with out of state people with money to spend. Probably 75 % of the summer residence folks own their own home. The other 25 % are rental folks that are there to visit of a... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes
Ellsworth, Maine
Level Contributor
4 reviews
4 restaurant reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2015

Our office Christmas gathering wad held in this fabulous restaurant. A wonderful time was had by us all and the food was classy and wonderful. A place to visit if looking for a wonderful meal while in Blue Hill.

Was this review helpful? Yes
Boston
Level Contributor
39 reviews
20 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2015

This is a charming restaurant with the feel of a cozy inn. Service was impeccable - attentive but never rushed or overbearing. Meals were all delicious.

Was this review helpful? Yes
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
21 reviews
16 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2015

We celebrated our birthdays having fabulous dinners here. The service was amazing! Every course was so delicious. I had a fish dish with a fantastic sauce. Our desserts were so delicious! Nothing compares to this place.

Was this review helpful? Yes
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
8 reviews
8 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2015

Although it is certainly not cheap, I wouldn't expect anything less from the #1 restaurant in Blue Hill who definitely lived up to that during my experience. Food was excellent, and servers were polite and patient with us. I wish they had more parking space, the walking was a little much for my grandmother. I highly recommend this visit on... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes
Andover MA
Level Contributor
35 reviews
18 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2015

Old dining rooms in old building, with adjacent beer brewery and pub, offered excellent standards including, of course, fresh fish prepared by a modern-thinking cuisine.

Was this review helpful? Yes
Level Contributor
11 reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2015

Our meal was a bit pricey and this place seems to attract an older crowd, but the food was wonderful. I had the Halibut and my partner ordered the char and they were both cooked to perfection. we will definitely return

Was this review helpful? Yes
Providence, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
11 reviews
9 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2015

Every time we visit the Blue Hill Peninsula, we make sure that dining at Arborvine is included at some point during our stay. Arborvine is one of our very favorite restaurants in all of New England and is definitely the very best on the peninsula. The food is impeccable, the ambience is charming, elegant, and comfortable, and the service is... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
41 reviews
25 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2015

Arborvine is, simply stated, the finest restaurant in the area. Every aspect, from the friendliness which is characteristically Maine, combined with the impeccable and stellar service you'd find at Michelin star rated restaurants around the globe, to the food prepared to perfection, to the ambience and decor, is unparalleled anywhere I have seen in Maine. Foods are sourced locally; my... More 

Was this review helpful? Yes

Travelers who viewed Arborvine also viewed

Blue Hill, DownEast and Acadia Maine
Blue Hill, DownEast and Acadia Maine
 
Blue Hill, DownEast and Acadia Maine
Blue Hill, DownEast and Acadia Maine
 

Been to Arborvine? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing
Improve this listing

Restaurant Details

Location and Contact Information

  • Address: 33 Tenney Hill, Upper Main Street, Blue Hill, ME 04614
  • Location: United States  >  Maine (ME)  >  DownEast and Acadia Maine  >  Blue Hill
  • Phone Number: 207.374.2119

Price and Cuisine

  • Cuisine: American

Restaurant Characteristics

  • Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Open Hours
Sunday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Wednesday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Thursday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm

Questions & Answers

Questions? Get answers from Arborvine staff and past visitors.
Posting guidelines
Typical questions asked:
  • Do you have gluten-free options?
  • Is there a dress code?
  • Do you allow dogs on the outdoor patio?