One night in early December. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival and had a great view of the Seine. We had the tasting menu with wine pairings in their restaurant. One of our best meals this trip which included several one and two star Michelin restaurants. Breakfast in room was the best we had on the trip. The... More
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine d`Or Hotel
- Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine d`Or Hotel Les Andelys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Chaîne d’Or gets her name from the history of the 18 th century, when the house was considered as a toll house. A large chain was crossing the Seine river between the rives and the island. Each boat that wanted to cross the river from La Havre to Paris had to pay a toll. The king was getting so much money from this toll, that people were telling that it was a “golden chain”. La Chaine d’Or has been successively an auberge, an hotel, and a coffee shop, just in front of the church, where men were meeting while their wifes were in the church.After world war 2nd, the Boirel family proposed a traditionnal cuisine, which was very appreciated from the local guests. Monsieur Boutineau went on with this tradition. Several years later, Monsieur et Madame Foucault, as new owners, decided to propose a gastronomic restaurant and with the help of the Chef, Monsieur Chevalliez, they obtained a Star from the famous Michelin Guide.When the chef left to buy his own restaurant, Madame Foucault sold la Chaîne d’Or which had a difficult time for a while.Today, Stephanie and Olivier Bicot, their team and the Chef Philippe Lallier are very proud to welcome you and to share their passion for the French gastronomy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine d'Or reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.