Our first visit to the crown, an experience we thoroughly enjoyed. The food, wine, location and service where all superb. Suffolk has so many lovely restaurants - this is one of the best we have been to.
- Also Known As:
- The Bildeston Crown Hotel
- The Bildeston Crown Hotel Bildeston
- Bildeston Crown Ipswich
- The Bildeston Crown England - Suffolk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bildeston Crown is a 15th century former coaching inn set in a Suffolk village and owned by a local farmer/businessman and managed by Chris and Hayley Lee. The restaurant is one of only two in Suffolk with AA 3 rosettes and the hotel, with its 12 luxury en suite double/twin bedrooms, is rated AA 3 stars. Locally sourced produce is used whenever possible including Red Poll beef and lamb from the owners’ neighbouring farm. Accolades include “Taste of England” Gold in the 2010 tourism awards and representing Suffolk in “The Hairy Bikers’ Tour of Britain” 2009. ... more less