Convento de Belmonte was by far the best pousada of the six we've known so far. The building is not as grand as other monasteries converted into hotels, but that is precisely what makes it so special. The location is great, only a 3 minute drive from the centre of Belmonte, which has plenty to see - castle, museums, Roman... More
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Convento De Belmonte Hotel
- Pousada Convento De Belmonte Hotel Belmonte
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the slopes of the Esperança Mountain, at just over 1 km from the town of Belmonte, the birthplace of Pedro Álvares Cabral, the Pousada Convento de Belmonte results from the renovation of the former Nossa Senhora da Esperança Convent dated 13th Century.Inside, the chapel and sacristy have been converted into a lounge and bar a good example of the harmonious blend of historical architecture and modern construction and comfort.The Pousada hotel has preserved the Monastery’s heritage intact, included amphitheatre architecture layout in the pine woods on the slopes of Esperança Mountain, and stunning landscape with views over the Cova da Beira region and Estrela’s Mountain. Guests can use this historic luxury hotel as a base for exploring the many historical monuments is the region, including the castle, the burial vault of the Cabral family, the Jewish Quarter, as well as the natural beauty and folk traditions of Serra da Estrela (Estrela´s Mountain), one of the Europe’s most important natural reserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Pousada Convento de Belmonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.