We stayed late April and had memorable experience with the moving local history our priority and what history the B&B has experienced. A great location to explore Normandy. Aside from the history, Rodolphe has lots of very affordable local eateries to recommend. John Steele became a favourite. Vivian and Rodolphe contributed to our wonderful time. We look forward to revisiting.
- Also Known As:
- b&b a La Bataille De La Fiere Hotel Sainte-Mere-Eglise
- b&b a La Bataille De La Fiere Hotel
- Bed And Breakfast a La Bataille De La Fiere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing la fiere bridge crossing the merderet river, our bed and breakfast is the converted ww2 barn where the battle of Normandy began on 6 June 1944!! Located in the triangle of the three designated 82nd Airborne Division drop zones, 3km due west of Ste. Mère-Eglise, and 15km from Utah Beach in Normandy, France. Originally a grain mill built in 1180. Now, a quality guest home providing five guest bedrooms and American-French breakfast. We are NOT a HOTEL!!! ... more less