Visited 17 April & had a lovely lunch (fabulous sausage & mash with brilliant gravy) served by a pleasant waitress, once we had negotiated the snooty bar staff and lack of anyone to welcome you. Needs to improve first impressions to attract people back.
- Also Known As:
- The Victoria At Holkham Hotel Wells-Next-The-Sea
- The Victoria At Holkham Hotel
- Victoria At Holkham Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at the gateway to Holkham and the National Nature Reserve, the Victoria is a classic English inn owned by the Coke family and managed by the Holkham estate. There are ten elegant bedrooms, the bar and dining rooms offer a relaxed blend of style and comfort. The “Vic” serves delicious locally sourced food, much of it grown and raised on the estate with a bold emphasis on freshness, simplicity and value. Holkham has been a leading agricultural estate since the 1800’s when Thomas William Coke bought the site and the young Queen Victoria elevated him to the peerage in recognition of his contribution to farming in 1837. The name of the proposed new inn must have been inevitable when it opened its doors in 1838.The Victoria re-opened in May 2013 following extensive refurbishment. ... more less