Classy place, nice people, even set me up with a pass for lap swimming at local rec center. Only suggestion is to have hiking maps available for Mt. Rogers, great local hiking. We drove past the trout hatchery on our way up to Mt. Rogers, but the restaurant in Troutdale is closed.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.