This is a gem of a hotel where nothing is too much trouble to the staff. Superb welcome with tea and biscuits. The rooms are comfortably appointed with easy chairs and adjustable heating in both bathroom and bedroom. The evening meals were excellent for all of us. Local produce and very we'll presented. Excellent breakfasts. Wished we could have stayed... More
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Meadows Country Hotel
- Hotel Marshall Meadows Country
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marshall Meadows is an authentic Georgian, 3 star country house Hotel, standing in around 15 acres of peaceful grounds with sea views. It is uniquely situated just outside the historic town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed only a stone's throw away from the A1 crossing point of the Scottish Border. It is, therefore, both the first and last hotel in England depending upon one's point of view. The hotel is believed to date from the mid 18th century and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing break, discovering the attractions of border country or for the more adventurous numerous coastal and inland walks and cycle routes, great golf courses and fishing on the river Tweed. The hotel comprise 19 letting rooms, in addition to a main bar, residents' lounge, restaurant, large function area and music room, conservatory and terrace overlooking a large well manicured front lawn. Entrance to the grounds is via a tree-lined driveway flanking a wooded stream. The rear of the hotel overlooks a farmyard, paddock and walled garden. The location allows easy access to the main town, Northumberland Coastal attractions such as Holy Island and Alnwick Castle, National Parkland and the Scottish Border Regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.