This hotel had all the hallmarks of a really lovely place to stay, however the years have caught up with it and it is now run down and sad. The owners or management seems to have lost enthusiasm for the place and the service experience whilst acceptable is hardly anything to rave about.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Latch Hotel Southampton
- The Village Latch Hotel
- The Village Latch Inn Southampton, NY - Hamptons
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNLATCH THE SECRET!DISCOVER THE GEM OF THE VILLAGE LATCH INN A sprawling Great Gatsby Hotel that defines Southampton's lifestyle. Imagine a tranquil five acre estate, right in the village within a short walk to Southampton's most fashionable shopping streets, restaurants and Art Galleries. Walk, jog or bike to Cooper's Beach with its miles and miles of unspoiled white sandy beaches, recently voted #1 in the U.S. The main Inn has 40 rooms in addition to the private villas with a total of 65 rooms. Each individually decorated, some with modern decor, others with antiques and collectibles from around the world. Choose between duplexes, suites, rooms with fireplaces, balconies, decks and many spacious living rooms. In addition to its eclectic ambiance, all rooms include private bath, AC, cable TV and free Wi-Fi. A lavish continental breakfast is served in both our intimate dining area or outside on the patio nestled in serene gardens. Relax in the heated pool surrounded by chaise lounges. Enjoy our free tennis, parking, concierge services, bike rentals and health club privileges. Beach shuttle service on weekends. There are also private villas to rent from 3-15 + bedrooms for families, reunions, wedding parties, film & photo-shoots and corporate outings. It comes as no surprise that celebrities and the who's who of the Hampton social scene have enjoyed the comforts of the Village Latch. Past guests include Vice Presidents Al Gore, Joe Biden, their White House staff, Mayor Dinkins, Rudy Giuliani, Ethel Kennedy, Ann Hathaway, Carly Simon, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Hudson, Mark Wahlberg, Isabella Rossellini, Jessica Norman, Matt Lauer, Bill Murray and the list goes on and on. We're called Hollywood East! From Frommer's to Fodor's the Village Latch is recommended as the best place to stay. This Stanford White Great Gatsby Hotel is a true oasis yet surrounded with the best the Hamptons has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Village Latch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.