Lovely quiet place.. honeymoon suite was done up very well with 4poster bed, candles and a very spacious bathroom. Setting is great amidst greenary. The place has an elegance to it.Exceptional brekafast- even though we were vegetarians! Hosts were very warm and friendly. highly recommend if one were to stop by for a night on a garden route tour
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is something quite magical about Schoone Oordt Country House. Originally built in 1853, she has been lovingly and meticulously restored over many years and as a result, has been instilled with charm and grace. Her extensive grounds house eight magnificently crafted suites, a quaint private family cottage and a romantic, secluded honeymoon hideaway set in lush abundant gardens and sheltered by aged oak trees. The Manor House itself boasts a gourmet country kitchen where meals are made and served with love in the most exquisite light and airy conservatory, as well as a cosy fire-lit bar and intimate dining room. Schoone Oordt is a gracious old dame who adores welcoming guests and she invites you to visit... soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Expedia, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Schoone Oordt Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schoone Oordt Country House Hotel Swellendam
- Schoone Oordt Country House Hotel