We were really looking forward to our trip to Lochmara with some friends on their boat. We were disappointed. The service was slow and unprofessional . The food left a lot to be desired. It is generally looking run down and unloved. We had such a good time three years ago it is sad how it is now.
- Also Known As:
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery And Arts Centre Hotel
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery And Arts Centre Hotel Picton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great accommodation in 14 units & bay view chalets set on the tranquil shores of the Marlborough Sounds, a short cruise from Picton in our water taxi (Lochmara can easily arrange this for you, there are no roads to Lochmara). Explore the Wildlife Recovery & Art Centre, nature & sculpture trails, Queen Charlotte Track, art gallery, wildlife, free use of our kayaks, or relax on the beach, hammocks or Bath House spa. Licensed cafe/restaurant serving local and seasonal produce and local wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery and Arts Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.