Look, This place is really cool. I mean, they sell cigars at the front desk and everything is charged to the room. No cash exchanged and no tipping. The lobby and ball room area's are interesting and very nice to look at. The actual "hotel" part is not so great. The rooms are just very cold and old feeling and... More
- Also Known As:
- Missouri Athletic Club Hotel
- Missouri Athletic Club Hotel Saint Louis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Missouri Athletic Club Downtown, is a unique, yet classic fixture of St. Louis' historic Washington Avenue since 1904. Original mahogany wood, rich leather, and lavish hand carved detailing, lay the ambiance of this one of a kind dining, lodging, athletic, and social experience. Both the Jack Buck Grill and Sportman's Club, each house their own bar atmosphere, and are known across Missouri as the best in the business for top-notch American cuisine from Chef Barton Phillips. One of the sole remaining establishments in St. Louis where cigars can both be purchased and enjoyed in traditional luxury club atmosphere, the experience is one-of-a-kind, the Art Gallery on the Lobby level is breathtaking, and the facilities are extensive to say the least. Best of all, you don't have to be a member to stay overnight in one of our 74 guest rooms and suites, and take advantage of our prime downtown location! Within walking distance to Busch Stadium, the Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis Gateway Arch, and the banks of the Mississippi River, and easily accessible to several major highways and St. Louis' own Metro Link commuter system. Athletic facilities include: a wide variety of Nautilus machines and free weights, basketball court, squash, handball, and racquetball courts, 25-yard heated indoor pool, as well as a sauna and whirlpool to relax those muscles after a full body workout. We also house a running track, full Pro Shop, and even our very own indoor golf simulator with over 50 real-life golf courses for you to "escape" to during winter months. We also offer a multitude of massage therapies, mani/pedicures, and personal training sessions. With an old-fashion feel barber barber shop on the second level, and fully equipped locker rooms, we are a one stop hub for everything that a guest-on-the-go could possibly ever need. And if your needs or agendas still hanker for more, stop by the 24-hour reception desk, where our highly trained and seasoned guest services team can lead the way to anything else that your visit calls for. Other amenities include, complimentary wireless internet throughout, complimentary business center, card playing room, billiards room, and possibly the most awe-inspiring, elegant, and distinguished ballroom in St. Louis, the MAC's very own Missouri Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Missouri Athletic Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.