This campground is unique and the tent only sites were a huge bonus. Our site had a great view of the bay and plenty of privacy. The staff was kind and helpful. The bathrooms (outhouses) were always immaculate. Close to many attractions and at the same time wild and peaceful.
- Also Known As:
- Recompence Shore Campground Hotel Freeport
- Recompence Shore Campground Hotel
- Recompence Shore Campground At Wolfe's Neck Farm Freeport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 50 years, our family-friendly Recompence Shore Campground has given families the opportunity to stay at a working saltwater farm just 4.5 miles from downtown Freeport and L.L. Bean. Set on our 626 acres of farmland and forest with over 4 miles of Casco Bay ocean frontage, our campground is the perfect place to enjoy your Maine vacation in the country. Open May-October (winter camping by appointment) 3 oceanfront cottages & 130 oceanfront, inland and wooded campsites Tents-only area (Middle Bay) 20 RV sites (inland) with water & 30 amp electric service (35' max) Limited oceanfront sites that accomodate motorhomes and trailers (dry camping) Adjacent to Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park Pet-friendly (max: 2 well-behaved, leashed pets per site) Summer kayak and bicyle rentals, farm tours, lobster bakes, Snack Shack and haywagon rides, history tours and family programs ... more less