Unbelievably marvelous. Must visit and spend 2-3 days in the old fort to have a totally once in a lifetime experience. Beautifully renovated and maintained by Serena. Extraordinarily hospitable staff and great local cuisine.
- Also Known As:
- Shigar Fort Residence Hotel
- Shigar Fort Residence Hotel Skardu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendry route to the world’s second highest mountain K-2, and known as Fong-Khar, which in the local language means the “Palace on the Rock”. This was restored by Aga Khan Cultural Service Pakistan (AKCSP-P) an institution of the Aga Khan Development Network. Shigar Fort Residence is a unique heritage guesthouse that offers guests the opportunity to experience the restored original architecture of the 17th Century Raja Fort Palace, while enjoying the modern amenities and services of a luxury guest house.The complex at Shigar comprises of the 400-year-old Fort / Palace and two more recent buildings, the "Old House" and the "Garden House". The former Palace of the Raja of Shigar has been transformed into a 20 room heritage guesthouse, with the grand audience hall serving as a museum of Balti culture and featuring select examples of fine wood-carvings, as well as other heritage objects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Shigar Fort Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.