Majapahit is one of those hotels which tell a story and one feels like part of it by being there. It has been stage to an episode of Indonesia's fight for independence. The rooms are nicely furnished in distinct Javanese style, the hotel features manicured gardens, fountains, beautiful spots to sit and muse, top Spa and a huge pool.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Surabaya
- Surabaya Mandarin Oriental
- Hotel Majapahit Surabaya Java
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Majapahit is a historic luxury hotel in Surabaya, Indonesia. The hotel was founded in 1910 as Hotel Oranje by Lucas Martin Sarkies. During the Japanese occupation of Indonesia the hotel name was changed to Yamato Hotel. Mantrust Holdings Co. became the new owner in 1969 and it was named after the most enduring kingdom of ancient Indonesia. In 1993 it was formerly operated by the Mandarin Oriental group. PT. Sekman Wisata took over the hotel and changed the name to HOTEL MAJAPAHIT in 2006. Located on Jalan Tunjungan in Indonesia's largest city and capital to East Java, the hotel is located in the centre of Surabaya, close to businesses, government offices and the largest shopping district in Surabaya. HOTEL MAJAPAHIT is trully and oasis in the heart of Surabaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Majapahit Surabaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.