If you want some real downtime, this is the place to go. The weather is always beautiful and the service and friendliness of the staff surpasses anything i have ever experienced before. Make sure you take advantage of the dhow (boat), it is fabulous. We were the first guests to go out on the dhow at night to have dinner,... More
- Also Known As:
- The Red Pepper House Hotel Lamu Island
- The Red Pepper House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Pepper House is *the* ideal hideaway where you can catch your breath, relax and immerse yourself in the local Swahili culture.The Red Pepper House on Lamu Island is a new, exquisite boutique beach hotel offering the utmost in indulgence and relaxation. Located a stone’s throw from the historical Lamu town, The Red Pepper House provides a combination of real African culture and laid-back beach life. Lamu Island, a world heritage site, is situated within an archipelago off the coast of Kenya. It is home to hundreds of years of Swahili culture that has been perfectly preserved thanks to the remote and unspoilt location of the area. The Red Pepper House nestles between a heavenly beach and an enchanting forest allowing guests to experience the magic of both worlds and lose themselves in the contrasting sounds of Africa. Designed by Spanish architect Urko Sanchez and built by local Swahili fundis (artisans). Comprising of only five beautiful and spacious Nyumbas, (the Swahili name for home), The Red Pepper House is perfectly integrated into its natural surroundings and covered by a Makuti thatched roof. Each Nyumba comes complete with a spacious and luxurious bedroom and bathroom area finished in the traditional Swahili manner. Guests have their very own personal butler who is on hand to bring refreshing cocktails and delicious food to the Nyumbas at any time of day. Activities at The Red Pepper House include trips into Lamu town to soak up the Swahili culture, visits to the ruins of the city of Takwa, sunset dhow boat trips, deep sea fishing, snorkelling and relaxing massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Red Pepper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.