We stayed 10 years ago and it was nice here, so we came back. The hot pool pump has apparently been broken for months. All of the parks looked tired and unkempt, old and in need of updating. The cabins are smelly and look really uncared for. The public amenities are in desperate need of an update In a town... More
- Also Known As:
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park Hotel
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park Hotel Rotorua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park is the oldest motor camp in Rotorua. It was established by the Rotorua Borough Council in the mid-1920s, and was originally known as the "Rotorua Borough Motor Camp". From its establishment in the 1920s through until about the late-1950s, the Holiday Park was originally located further north at the corner of Old Taupo Road and Sophia Street. It moved to its present location, opposite the Arikikapakapa Golf Course, in the early 1960s. The site of the Holiday Park was originally gifted to the Crown by the local Maori people under the "Fenton Agreement" of 25 November, 1880, for recreational purposes. Currently the Thermal Hot Pools are out of order due to new thermal pump arriving from overseas. We apologize for the inconvenience. Surrounded by Protected Native trees Rotorua Thermal Holiday park is the ideal place to stay. Cafe now open and mountain bike hire available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.