We stayed as a family in a triple room for a couple of nights. A bit concerned when we first arrived as our room was very close to the kitchen, lounge, bar etc. we didn't hear a noise all night, either night. Quite a walk into town 20 mins approx. but safe pavement. The walk along the beach to town... More
- Also Known As:
- Dougies Backpackers Hotel Port Douglas
- Dougies Backpackers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dougies is run by a bunch of us who had lots of fun backpacking around places of the world before, so we decided to start a hostel ourselves. We have the pretty relaxed atmosphere, without all of the formal procedures that some hostels have. Our philosophy is 'kick back and relax at Dougies'. We have all of the facilities that a fun loving backpacker could ever need, including a bar, refreshing swimming pool, free bbq facilities, shop (coke, ice-creams, chockies, etc), a huge self-cook kitchen, laundry, internet, satellite TV (really big one), hire bikes, fishing rods, tour desk and of course accommodation (doubles, twins, share rooms, camping, van sites and our own stylish canvas tents). But once you see our tropical gardens and cruisy front lawn you might just want to lay back and relax under a palm tree, kick back in a hammock, by the pool or you may even like to unwind on the grass and soak up some of the Far North's warm tropical sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Dougies Backpackers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.