We had one night, Halloween in this wonderful castle. My sister and I had a lovely room at the top. The evening meal and breakfast were excellent. We also had the owner do a tour of the medieval part of the castle and the dungeon which was very interesting. Wish we could of stayed longer. Also the gardens are wonderful.
- Also Known As:
- Comlongon Castle Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Scotland/Clarencefield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored 15th-century castle and adjoining 15 roomed Baronial hotel set in over 120 acres of private grounds. Comlongon specialises in weddings, receptions, celebrations and private functions on a daily basis. The Hotel offers a unique blend of luxury, history and privacy with displays of armour and oak paneling. Award winning chefs specialise in fresh local produce. Comlongon is a privately owned and run family business where service and value for money are paramount. ... more less