We booked two "executive" rooms - which seemed pretty standard except you had a very nice lake view and a "complimentary" bathrobe/slippers. Room was clean and comfortable and plenty of wardrobe space. Only downside was the décor of the bathroom and cracked tiling in the floor. We had breakfast in the restaurant - a bit slow but the shift supervisor... More
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Vinand Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District