We felt at home as soon as we stepped in through the door. This historic Inn has the essence of comfort and hospitality steeped into its timbers. The room was cosy and warm, the bed comfortable, the beer was good and the meals superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to be able to visit again.
- Also Known As:
- Old Black Lion Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Old Black Lion Hotel
- Old Black Lion Hay-On-Wye, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Black Lion has ten delightful bedrooms. We have an AA rosette for our food which can be taken in either the no smoking restaurant or bar area with scrubbed pine tables and log burning stove. Hay on Wye is situated on the River Wye and surrounded by stunning countryside and overlooked by the Black Mountains. It is also the worlds largest second hand book centre, so you can shop till you drop and then come back and enjoy a relaxing meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Old Black Lion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.