We spent three weeks travelling in Portugal and Spain in 11 different hotels and none were better that the St. Marinha. It is a converted monastery with all the character and style of the period. We booked superior rooms that looked over the city of Guimaraes. The rooms were very large with bedroom area, dressing area and sitting room. The... More
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Guimaraes Santa Marinha Hotel
- Pousada De Guimaraes Santa Marinha Hotel Guimaraes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city of Guimaraes, the Culture Capital of Europe 2012, you find the majestic Pousada de Santa Marinha, National Award of Architecture in 1985. The Pousada is a result of the restoration of the Monastery dos Agostinhos from the twelfth century. It is around 2 km from the historical centre of the city (classified as a Heritage Site by UNESCO). The Pousada de Santa Marinha is a fantastic escape, where tranquillity is an absolute certainty. Possessing a magnificent view of Guimaraes and considered the cradle city a cultural capital in 2012, where the first king of Portugal, D. Afonso Henriques was born. Guests can enjoy the outdoor pool or take walks through the scenic gardens of the Pousada or through the mountains of the historical city of Guimaraes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Pousada De Guimaraes Santa Marinha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.