What a magnificent setting to stay in! All the staff were pleasant and helpful. We dined in the covered cloister to the sound of a pianist. Magical! The conversion of the building has been done with such skill and taste. You will not be disappointed
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Viseu Charming Hotel
- Pousada De Viseu Charming Hotel Viseu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada de Viseu is built on the old Sao Teotonio Hospital, one of the oldest hospitals of the Viseu city, having opened in 1842. The entrance to this eighteenth century majestic and impotent building is crowned by 3 statues - Faith, Hope and Charity - which look attentively over the fabulous landscape above the old city - the name given to the oldest part of the town which is located the Cathedral and the Cava Viriato. This hotel in Viseu was a project by the Portuguese architect Goncalo Byrne and opened to the public in 2009, offering a hotel Spa at the heart of the city. The Spa is situated in the old hospital chapel and offers sauna, Jacuzzi, Turkish baths, tropical showers, gym and an indoor pool heated for better relaxation. Its central location and private parking are an invitation to visit places of interest nearby, such as the green Fontelo Forest Park, Cava de Viriato, the Roman ruins and the Grao Vasco Museum of Renaissance paintings, the treasure of the Cathedral and the Home Museum of Almeida Moreira, which tells the story of a historic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Pousada de Viseu Charming Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.