We stayed in this hotel on october 19th for two nights. Lucky to book our rom, Hotel was full. Wonderful medieval experience in this 15th century building. Our bedroom was clean with a four poster bed and a nice view to the fortress. Staff is really kindly and helpfull. Highly recommand, we will come back !
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon
- Hostellerie Gargantua Hotel Chinon
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon, France - Loire Valley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the most picturesque road in the heart of Old Chinon and at the foot of the Chinon catsle the Hostellerie Gargantua has taken residence in the former Bailiwicks Palace dating back to the XVth Century which is renowned for having heard the famous plea given by the father of the French author François Rabelais.Situated 1 kilometre from the Chinon train station, and at walking distance from the town center. You may discover the historrical town on foot. ... more less