‘ thoroughly enjoyed our recent (second) visit, comfy rooms, excellent breakfast with a friendly relaxed style! Well located, quiet but just a few minutes level walk to the town centre'. M & J Lewis, Tunbridge Wells March 2014
- Also Known As:
- The Edgar Townhouse Hotel
- The Edgar Townhouse Hotel Bath
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- iption: The Edgar Townhouse is a small friendly guest house located on Great Pulteney Street in the centre of Bath. The house was designed in the classical Georgian style by the architect Thomas Baldwin, and lies on the former estate of Sir William Johnston Pulteney who developed the land and gave his name to the street.The Edgar Townhouse is named after King Edgar who was crowned the first King of England. Edgar was crowned in Saxon monastery, which was destroyed and is now replaced by the abbey, which is a short walk from the guesthouse.When UNESCO designated Bath a World Heritage site put Bath on a par architecturally with the great beauties of Florence and Rome.Great Pulteney Street one of Europe's most magnificent avenues designed by Thomas Baldwin. At one end of Great Pulteney Street is Pulteney Bridge, which was modelled by Robert Adam on the famous Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Walk over this bridge and you are in the centre of Bath, close to the Roman Baths, the pump rooms and the famous Royal Crescent and Victoria Park.Bath is a city of all seasons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Edgar Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.