Everything was perfect, clean and friendly. Only a 2 minute walk to the centre of York. Rooms are warm, clean and tidy. Great breakfast and hospitality. I would use again. Beds are comfortable,private bathroom is roomy, we had a triple room (2 adults 1 child) and also a double room, just down the hall from ours. No noise from outside... More
- Also Known As:
- Monkgate Guest House Hotel York
- Monkgate Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monkgate Guest House is 200 years old and is only five minutes walk from York Minster and the city centre where you will find beautiful shops and restaurants and all York's attractions close to hand. The property was originally three Georgian cottages so it is cosy and rambling with the quaint features you would expect from an older property. We have two rooms on the ground floor and the other rooms are on the first floor accessed by a flight of stairs. Our breakfast room is warm and inviting and we provide a full, freshly cooked English breakfast with eggs cooked to your requirements alongside the other menu options. We have limited off street parking in a narrow driveway at the side of the house, you will be able to forget your car then and walk to all the amenities! We can however try to arrange more parking if necessary. Free wifi is availabe in the public rooms and most bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Monkgate Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.