I fell in love with the place since the first moment, people are really nice, the room is like a little apartment with its own kitchen. Great for family or couples vacations. Food is really awesome (everything is local). Lovely ocean view. It's tricky to arrive.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Tenuta San Michele Hotel
- Agriturismo Tenuta San Michele Hotel Santa Venerina
- Agriturismo Tenuta San Michele Santa Venerina, Sicily, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Michele estate is situated on the eastern slopes of Mt Etna in the area of the village Santa Venerina, at an altitude of about 500 m over sea level and on one of the main roads that leads to the summit craters.The winery and a part of the cellars are situated in an ancient building in the typical Etna style. The new cellar was built in 1999, in an innovative structure on two levels, in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside.It is a family winery, active since 1860. Nearby other buildings surrounded by the vines are used for tourism. All around is the wonderful panorama that goes from the Taormina promontory to Capo Mulini. Mt Etna dominates this magnificent scene towering up to its summit at 3,300 m. The vineyards are in a single area, distributed on large terraces and cover 26 hectares. ... more less