It's an amazing experience to stay at this hotel. When we arrive, it was difficult to imagine that there was a luxury hotel inside. The inside modernity and simplicity is constrasting with the very old outside structure but the bet is a success. The atmosphere is restful. Our bedroom and bathroom was very large and comfortable. The bedding was completed... More
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Crato - Flor Da Rosa Hotel Crato
- Pousada Do Crato - Flor Da Rosa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada do Crato is localized right in Alentejo, and installed in the old Santa Maria de Flor da Rosa Monastery. D. Alvaro Goncalves Pereira, Grand Prior to the Hospital and also the father of D. Nuno Alvares Pereira, had the building erected in the fourteenth century. In this important gothic national monument, you feel the spirits of medieval times in every corner taking us back to the time of the building of a new nation. This luxury hotel in Crato is an example of the recovery of a Historic building into modern times without losing the monastic feel, calm and peaceful. Outside there is a pool with a sun terrace which allows their guests a refreshing and clam moment to reenergize whilst listening to the sounds of the Alentejo plains. The richness of the Alentejo cuisine cannot be missed, in the Pousada's restaurant where pezinhos de coentrada (a pork dish with coriander) Coentrada de Cacao (dogfish and coriander) or Ensopado de Borrego (lamb stew) are their highlights. These dishes accompanied by a beautiful wine of the Alentejo region, are the true pleasures of life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Pousada do Crato - Flor da Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.