A lovely place to stay to see the snow monkeys. Our meals were all delicious and beautifully served. The accommodation was clean and very comfortable. Mr Yumoto very kindly took us to the start of the walk to see the monkeys and advised us on our walking route to return to the ryokan. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Shimaya Ryokan Hotel
- Shimaya Ryokan Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Shimaya Ryokan Japan/Yamanouchi-Machi, Nagano Prefecture
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When requested, we provide free 'on-demand' shuttle services to andfrom the Shimaya Ryokan to the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park and theYudanaka train station. If you have heavy luggage, please notify usin advance so we can help you. We are also happy to offer suggestionsabout local restaurants and attractions.At our hotel, you can enjoy our public Onsen (hot spring bath) filledwith 100% natural hot spring water. On weekdays, our Onsen can bereserved for private use by families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Jalan and HostelWorld so you can book your Shimaya Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.