I recently stayed at Severin Sea Lodge and I found the hotel very very nice, staff were very friendly rooms were large and clean and the food was excellent. The swimming pool and the grounds were very well cared for. Definitely worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Severin Sea Hotel Bamburi
- Severin Sea Hotel
- Severin Sea Bamburi
- Severin Sea Lodge Kenya/Bamburi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION: Severin Sea Lodge is an oasis of calm and recreation in an extensive palm garden. The hotel is located directly on the shores of the Indian Ocean on Bamburi Beach, approximately 12 kilometres from Mombasa Town and 20 kilometres from the airport. Mombasa is the second largest city of Kenya and is famous for the Portuguese fortress Fort Jesus and the Elephant Tusks. Airport transfers in our comfortable and air-conditioned mini buses are organized by our team on request. STYLE: Our hotel has been constructed with loving care in the traditional Swahili style: the round bungalows, the main buildings and the two swimming pools are harmoniously located within a vast grove of palms. Our rooms and suites are equipped with hand-made wooden furniture and designed in a classic natural style. ACCOMODATION: Severin Sea Lodge has 188 rooms divided into different categories: the comfortable Karibu Class rooms in traditional Arab style, the luxurious Comfort Class rooms and suites with custom carved Lamu furnishings. All our rooms and suites offer:• Air conditioning• Mosquito nets• Anti-allergy bedding• Telephone and W-LAN access• 1 free bottle of water daily per guest• Hair dryer and toiletries• Room safe• Dressing table• Room service and wake up service. Karibu Class (standard rooms) located in the main building. All rooms with double beds, bathroom with shower, lounge area, balcony or terrace. Karibu Class (standard rooms) located in bungalows. Same facilities as in the main building. In addition, these rooms are equipped with a mini bar. Some rooms have a king size bed. Comfort Class (deluxe rooms) rooms are equipped with double beds, bathroom with Walk-In shower, ceiling fan, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar, Plasma flat TV with large monitor and multi-channel TV selection, lounge area, balcony or terrace, fruit basket on arrival. Junior Suites: The two junior suites are equipped with bedroom and queen size beds, separate lounge area with sofa bed, Walk-In wardrobe, and a bathroom with Walk-In shower, tea and coffee making facilities, minibar, Plasma flat TV with large monitor and multi-channel TV selection and two balconies. Kitani Suite: The Kitani Suite with Ocean view offers a Master bedroom with queen size bed and bathroom, two handwash basins, Walk-In shower and bidet and a separate bedroom with queen size bed and Walk-In shower. The suite has a large living room, a kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities, a balcony and a terrace. For our guests in Kitani Suite, we offer a butler service. Royal Suite: The Royal Suite offers a bedroom with queen size bed and dressing room, a large living area with lounge and sofa bed, a bathroom with Walk-In shower, two handwash basins with bidet, kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities, balcony with Ocean view. For our guests in Kitani Suite, we offer a butler service. MAKUTANO CONFERENCE CENTER: Host your meeting or conference at Severin Sea Lodge and benefit from the first-class service and technology that adapt perfectly to your individual needs and your communication require-ments. The Makutano Conference Center is suitable for up to 200 guests with variable seating facilities. We always tailor every program to your unique budget, group size, corporate objectives and preferences. Therefore, we carefully plan each individual package with you, to ensure that every requirement is met. Please contact us for a personalized offer. RESTAURANTS AND BARS: For the last 35 years Severin Sea Lodge has been renowned for its hospitality to its regular guests, who enjoy the excellent cuisine and the friendly and considerate service. The hotel was awarded by TÜV Rhineland in Germany, an internationally well-known certification company, for its first class service. For us it is very important to offer our guests fresh and high quality food. Our vegetables and fruits come from our own bio-logical farm, the Seba Farm, where no artificial fertilizers are used. The Kisima Restaurant has been upgraded to reflect the high quality and service that Severin Sea Lodge has become famous for. It is open for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner in the evening. Our dinners differ from set a la carte menus to themed buffet nights. Breakfast from 07.00 am until 10.00 am, lunch from 12.30 pm until 02.30 pm, dinner from 07.00 pm until 09.00 pm. The Safari Bistro is situated next to the Safari Bar and has an Italian theme to its menu, specializing in pizza and pasta. Open for lunch and dinner, also serves late risers breakfast. The Safari Bistro also offers ice cream and pastries. Open from 10:00 am until 10:00 pm. IMANI Dhow Restaurant is an old stranded sailing dhow with award winning a la carte seafood and international cuisine. Open from 07:00 pm until 10:30 pm.The Safari Bar with an amazing 360° bar counter: a lively meeting point for refreshments of your choice and pre dinner cocktails. We also offer freshly made Cappuccino and Espresso Coffees. Open from 09:00 am until 01:00 am. The Swing Bar overlooks the beach and serves cocktails, fresh fruit smoothies and regular bar drinks. Open from 09.00 am until midnight. Johari Roof Terrace (seasonal) open for cosy sundowners and special events (on request). Meal Plan offered - Bed & Breakfast, Half Board and Full Board. Room service from 07:00 am until 09:30 pm. SERVICE AND FACILITIES• 24-hour reception with currency exchange service • Shopping arcade with souvenir shop, mini supermarket, Jewelry, wood carving shop and hair dressing salon• Hotel doctor clinic with daily consulting hours (except Sundays and public holidays)• Two designated areas of the hotel show satellite television• Internet Café Bush Drum with computers and W-LAN access in the public areas and in the rooms• Taxi service available 24 hours and airport transfers. SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT: Two swimming pools (one with Jacuzzi and one with counter current) with comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels are available for our guests. The KENBALI wellness and fitness area offers a reception, two individual massage rooms (for single and double treatment) and a dressing suite. For Work Outs our guests can use the professional training equipment from Precor (treadmill, cross trainer, stepper, bike and weight bench). Enjoy a relaxing massage after your Work Out and select an individual treatment from our Relaxing Menu. In an exclusive ambiance you are pampered with African oils and experience a place of calm and relaxation. Our animation team organises various activities like chess tournaments, archery, volleyball, tennis, table tennis, water aerobics and jogging. For avid golfers we can gladly secure a start time at the 18-hole Nyali golf course. Severin Sea Lodge accommodates the Baracuda Diving School, one of the best diving schools in Mombasa. Specially trained PADI diving experts will show you the wonders of the offshore coral reef. Daily diving excursions to Kenya's National Marine Park are offered. We provide tours with a glass-bottom boat from where you can experience one of the world's last naturally existing coral gar-dens. Ambitious water sports enthusiasts have the possibility of sail boarding and catamaran-sailing while the passionate deep sea fisher can enjoy the fishing on the blue seas. EXCURSIONS AND SAFARIS: To get to know the real Kenya with its great landscape and its unique flora and fauna we offer exciting trips and safaris with impressive experiences. Discovering Kenya’s most beautiful regions is a must for all nature-lovers whether on safari in a Minibus, in an all-terrain vehicle or by plane. Regardless from which perspective, our trips and safaris expand horizons. Experience the sunset on board a traditional Arab Dhow and enjoy an unforgettable evening at Fort Jesus. Experience the magic of rural Kenya during our Out of Africa excursion or visit Mombasa’s special highlights and get a unique insight of the Swahili culture during your private Mombasa City Tour. DREAM WEDDINGS: If you are looking for an exotic location where to celebrate your wedding without having to worry about the details, Severin Sea Lodge offers you the right locations to say your "I Dos". Ceremonies will be at wonderful places decorated with palms and exotic flowers. Typical African flavours, sounds and colours will make your wedding an unforgettable experience. At Severin SeaLodge, weddings are special events with packages that can also become a lovely way to renew your vows. Our wedding compositions: Wedding in Paradise, Swahili Dhow Wedding, Nguuni Sanctuary Wedding. We also offer special attentions for couples in their honeymoons. GIVING BACK: Severin Sea Lodge complies with the principles of ecological tourism and has embarked on a multiple awarded active environment protection program. The hotel was the first to set up a biological waste water treatment plant and implemented solar energy in its infrastructure. Severin Sea Lodge has been certified with very well-known awards – the TUI Environmental Champion Award and the Travelife Gold Award. The hotel also supports the orphanage Mji Wa Salama to improve the future perspectives of children in Mombasa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Severin Sea Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.