Nashville’s laid back atmosphere and countless kid-centric attractions make it an ideal destination for a family getaway. Recognized... more » as a top family destination, Nashville has been named as one of the Most Family Friendly Vacations by TripAdvisor. Families can enjoy the musical heritage while in the Music City, along with many cultural pursuits, including:
- The Adventure Science Center's Little Lab program that invites children (ages 3-5) to participate in age-appropriate science activities, crafts and more.
- The Kids Club at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts where children ages 5 to 10 can discover their inner artist.
- The biweekly puppet show performances at the Nashville Public Library where children can also attend the Young Chefs Academy and learn age-appropriate cooking and baking skills.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum's program that lets visitors become a musician for the day. Several times throughout the year, the museum allows visitors of all ages opportunities to try out various musical instruments featured in country music. Strum a guitar, pluck a banjo and play an autoharp. Instructors are on-site to offer guidance.
- And the Tennessee State Capital building where the Tennessee State Museum resides. The museum features informative exhibits about Tennessee's history from prehistoric times, the Civil War, Antebellum to the New South in addition to other traveling exhibitions. less «