- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
31 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travelers are saying
- It was great to return to the Hermitage for the wonderful exhibition of masterpieces from the Bemberg Collection, a private foundation based in Toulouse, France. I had never heard of it before so it was a revelation. There was an eclectic selection which started and ended with a bang. The first room was an exquisitely displayed series of early portraits by artists such as Clouet. The last part of the exhibition downstairs displayed some of the best works of the largest private collection of Bonnard paintings. Unfortunately, by the time of writing, the exhibition is over so happy I found out about it time (sorry folks).Written June 2, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Newly opened complex (of 2 newly built) museums: Art, photographs & design. There was partly a common theme as a temporary exhibition featuring railways. Interactive photo studio with editing/printing facilities Photographs (with some paintings/ pictures too) design part more coherent but the art museum was more accomplished showcasing the towns riches. All in all OKWritten July 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you come to visit Lausanne there is lots to see. I love architecture and art so I love the downtown Centre for it's many galeries, museums, beautiful architecture on it's old cobblestoned pedestrian only areas. There are many restaurants and charming tea rooms, small privately owned shops and wonderful bookstores and gallerys.
One of my favorite, recently discovered, is the Galerie de L'Univer (the Gallery of the Universe in English). It is owned by a lovely local couple who have a rare book store on the ground level of a fairly old building, and upstairs, to my utter delight, I discovered their gallery. They were showing a few artists, among them the magnificent Daniel Frank, who had done a series of paintings that were huge canvasses, studies of mountains.
This is an unusual review for me, but I love to pop into a gallery sometimes, and when we travel we do not always know about the little more obscure ones. I was excited to visit this one, especially because I used to know the couple many years ago when our children were little. I know for art collectors they are honest good people too. They really didn't recognize me when a friend invited me to come along to an opening with her last Saturday, 4 Feb, 2017, I had no idea of any connection to them at first.
I love Travel Advisor because when I get excited I can share something with other travelers and I rely on the reviews myself for restaurants and locations. I hope you enjoy this lovely area of downtown Lausanne. Just a little pop in place on your way to somewhere else, to get out the cold or rain, the summer heat, and let art feed your soul. Cheers. Enjoy. (Entrance is entirely free of course!)Written February 10, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good and tasty macarons !
Helpful staff. Great shop.
Wish they had more different flavours.
Will certainly come back.Written May 16, 2018
- Of all the tourist shops we visited during our trip in Switzerland, this one had by far the largest selection of items, particularly of swiss cuckoo clocks. I would highly recommend holding off any souvenir buying during your stay for this shop. You’ll find almost any kind of Swiss souvenir here, it’s literally bursting with swiss army knives, watches, music boxes, cuckoo clocks, swiss belts and any other Swiss paraphernalia you would want to pick up during your stay. The store is located on the lake-front so I would recommend doubling the visit with a stroll along the Ouchy gardens and the Olympic Museum.
Would definitely recommend the detour if you’re in town!Written November 22, 2020
- I love walking past this shop when the door opens and you are immediately hit by a wonderful chocolate aroma wafting into the street.
When you enter the store you are met by an old fashioned long wooden counter and an array of delicious and sometimes surprising treats. For me this is the best chocolate in the Lausanne region!Written June 18, 2015