Air Iceland is a regional airline that flies to destinations in Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands from its hubs at Reykjavik Airport and Akureyri Airport. Founded in 1997, Air Iceland is part of the Icelandair group, and it is headquartered at the Reykjavik airport.
Class of Service
Air Iceland provides a single class of service on its flights, and all flights are on turboprop aircraft. Air Iceland offers multiple fare classes, some of which allow you to earn points in the Saga Club frequent flyer program.
View Air Iceland seat maps at SeatGuru.com.
Air Iceland’s fleet includes the following aircraft types:Dash 8The Dash 8s in Air Iceland’s fleet can seat up to 37 passengers.F-50Air Iceland’s fleet includes more than 5 F-50s, which can seat up to 50 passengers.
Air Iceland’s airline partners include Icelandair.
Customer Loyalty Program
Air Iceland allows you to earn and redeem points through Saga Club, which is Icelandair's frequent flyer loyalty program.
- You can earn points by flying Air Iceland domestically, Icelandair, Alaska Airlines and Finnair.
- Points can also be accrued by purchasing products or services from numerous participating hotel and car partners and by using an affiliated credit card.
- Points can be redeemed for travel and other awards.
- Points are valid for up to four years.
- Membership levels are Silver and Gold. These membership levels are attained by flying 40,000 and 80,000 CardPoints in a twelve-month period.
- Perks for Silver and Gold members include waitlist priority, an additional baggage allowance, access to some lounges for Silver members and access to all lounges for Gold members.
- You can buy, give and transfer points for a fee.