LAN Airlines was founded in 1929 and is based in Santiago, Chile. LAN is the flag carrier of Chile and operates its hubs and focus cities at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport in Santiago and Jorge Chávez International Airport near Lima, Peru. LAN, together with its regional subsidiaries LAN Argentina, LAN Colombia, LAN Ecuador, LAN Express and LAN Peru, flies to cities throughout South America and to North America, Europe, Oceania and Polynesia.
In June 2012, LAN and Brazilian airline TAM merged their airlines to form LATAM Airlines Group, Latin America's largest airline holding company.
Class of Service
LAN provides three classes of service.
Premium Business Class
Passengers traveling in Premium Business enjoy lounge access, including oneworld partner lounges when traveling on an international flight, fully lie-flat seats, complimentary meal and beverage service and an entertainment system with audio and video on-demand and a 15.4-inch screen.
Premium Economy Class
Passengers traveling in Premium Economy, which is offered on select flights within South America on LAN's Airbus A318s, A319s and A320s, enjoy priority boarding, leather seats and universal power outlets.
Passengers traveling in Economy on Airbus A340s or Boeing 767s enjoy an entertainment system with audio and video on demand and an 8.9-inch screen.
Food and Drink
Complimentary meal and beverage service is provided to passengers traveling in Premium Business class. Depending on the length of the flight and time of day, a meal or snack is provided to passengers traveling in Premium Economy and Economy classes.
Passengers traveling on LAN's Airbus A340s and Boeing 767s enjoy a personal entertainment system with audio and video on demand. Passengers traveling on LAN's Airbus A318s, A319s and A320s enjoy video entertainment on shared overhead screens.
LAN's Airbus A340s and Boeing 767s have 110v AC in-seat power outlets at all seats. Passengers traveling in Premium Economy have universal power outlets that can power laptops, iPods and DVD players.
View LAN Airlines seat maps at SeatGuru.com.
LAN's fleet includes the following aircraft types*:
- A318, A319 and A320
- - LAN's A318s, A319s and A320s can seat up to 168 passengers depending on the configuration of the aircraft. Premium Economy is available on select routes on A318s, A319s and A320s.
- -There are approximately five A340s in LAN's fleet, they are used on routes from South America to Europe and Oceania.
- - LAN has more than twenty 767s in its fleet, which are used on routes from South America to the United States, Mexico, Canada, Papeete and Easter Island. Premium Business class is available on select 767s.
*Please note that LAN often has several configurations of a specific aircraft type, so please check SeatGuru for seat map information and recommendations on the best seats for your flight.
LAN is a member of the oneworld alliance, which includes the following airlines:
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific Airways
- Qantas Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- S7 Airlines
Additionally, LAN codeshares with other airlines, including the following:
- Alaska Airlines
Customer Loyalty Program
LANPASS is LAN's frequent flyer loyalty program.
- You can earn kilometers by flying LAN, oneworld alliance airlines and other airline partners.
- Kilometers can also be accrued by purchasing products or services from numerous participating hotel, car and retail partners.
- Kilometers can be redeemed for travel awards.
- Kilometers do not expire as long as you earn kilometers within a 36 month period.
- Membership levels are Premium, Premium Silver and Comodoro. These membership levels are attained by accumulating 40,000, 80,000 and 150,000 kilometers or 30, 60 and 100 segments, respectively, on qualifying flights in one calendar year. Premium Silver membership level can also be attained by earning 40,000 kilometers with LAN in Premium Business with a minimum of four medium or long-range segments. Comodoro membership level can also be attained by earning 90,000 kilometers with LAN in Premium Business with a minimum of six medium or long-range segments.
- Perks include bonus kilometers, access to upgrades and lounge access for Premium Silver and Comodoro members.
- Premium members have oneworld Ruby status when flying on oneworld partners.
- Premium Silver members are recognized at the oneworld Sapphire level when flying on oneworld partners and have access to all Business Class and Frequent Flyer lounges of oneworld partners.
- Comodoro members have oneworld Emerald status, and they have access to all First Class, Business Class and Frequent Flyer lounges of oneworld partners.