Canadian North is a Canadian airline that provides service throughout Nunavut and the Northwest Territories of Canada. Founded in 1989, Canadian North is 100% owned by the Inuvialuit and the Inuit of Nunavut. Canadian North is headquartered in Yellowknife, Canada, and it operates its hub at Yellowknife.
Class of Service
Canadian North provides a single class of service on its flights. Passengers enjoy the following amenities:
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverage service
- Complimentary meal or snack service, depending on the duration of the flight
- Two complimentary checked bags
- Complimentary advanced seat selection
Food and Drink
Canadian North provides snacks to all passengers on flights less than 60 minutes in duration. Passengers enjoy light fare on flights longer than 60 minutes and hot meals on select flights at meal time. Additionally, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages are served on all flights, and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
View Canadian North seat maps at SeatGuru.com.
Canadian North's fleet includes the following aircraft types:
- B737-200 Combi and -300
- Canadian North's fleet includes approximately ten 737s. Canadian North can seat up to 136 passengers on its 737-300s, while the Combi aircraft's configuration can be changed to accommodate passenger and cargo needs.
- Dash 8
- Canadian North operates more than five Dash 8s, and the most common configuration in Canadian North's fleet seats up to 21 passengers and carries up to 3,000 lbs of cargo.
Canadian North has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
In addition, Canadian North partners with other airlines, including the following:
- Air Tindi
- Aklak Air
- North-Wright Airways
Customer Loyalty Program
Passengers traveling on Canadian North may earn Aeroplan miles. Aeroplan is also the frequent flyer loyalty program of Air Canada.
- You can earn miles by flying Canadian North, Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Star Alliance airlines.
- Miles can also be accrued by purchasing products or services from numerous participating hotel and car rental partners.
- Miles can be redeemed for travel and other awards.
- Your Aeroplan account will stay active if you have one transaction during every 12-month period, and miles may be redeemed for up to seven years from the date of accrual.
- Membership levels are Prestige, Elite and Super Elite. These membership levels are attained by flying 25,000, 35,000 and 100,000 miles or 25, 50 and 95 segments, respectively, on qualifying flights in one calendar year.
- Perks for Prestige, Elite and Super Elite members include upgrade privileges and priority on the waitlist. Elite and Super Elite members also have lounge access.
- Prestige members have Star Alliance Silver status when traveling on Star Alliance airlines.
- Elite and Super Elite members are recognized as Star Alliance Gold members when traveling on Star Alliance airlines and have access to Star Alliance members' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
- You can buy miles for a fee.
Passengers who fly ten round-trip flights (or 20 one-way flights) on Canadian North between November 1st and October 31st qualify for membership in Aurora Concierge. Members of Aurora Concierge enjoy additional seat availability, an additional baggage allowance, complimentary in-flight alcoholic beverages, priority check-in and boarding at select airports, and priority security screening in Edmonton.